Hiring a Personal Caregiver in a Nursing Home or Assisted Living Facility
Did you ever think about hiring home care for a loved one who lives in an assisted living facility or nursing home? After all, aren’t they receiving the care they need? While most facilities do an excellent job at providing care for seniors, personalized care can be limited. A personal caregiver can enhance the care your loved one receives and improve the quality of their life.
When is a Private Caregiver Necessary in a Nursing Home or Assisted Living Facility?
What Does a Caregiver Do In An Assisted Living Home?
Caregivers in assisted living homes provide residents with support services, hands-on assistance, non-medical care and socialization. They work closely with the facility professionals to ensure the best plan for each resident is put into place and can coordinate visits from family members onsite or virtually.
Get the assistance you need. Call us at (830) 225-2273 or schedule your appointment on-line here.
There are many situations in which a private caregiver can be invaluable to an aging parent who resides in a facility:
- When family members can’t be present – A personal caregiver can fill the gaps of time between family visits. Knowing that a personal caregiver is with your loved one provides peace of mind for you and extra care for them.
- To supplement care during a terminal illness – A private caregiver can be present when hospice or the nursing staff can’t be there.
- Post-surgery assistance – An increase in assistance with activities of daily living (i.e., toileting, bathing, getting in and out of bed) is often needed after surgery. Facilities can be limited in how much time they can devote to each resident. Hiring private care can give your loved one the added assistance they need.
- Limited social activities – If a facility’s social activities are limited or not of interest to a resident, a personal caregiver can plan activities that resonate with them.
Enhanced Daily Living by Inspired Care Solutions
Hiring a personal caregiver to supplement your mom or dad’s care at an assisted living facility can improve their quality of life. At Inspired Care Solutions, we’ve found ways to bring our care and compassion to assisted living facilities and nursing homes in Boerne and the surrounding area.
- One-on-one attention – Our caregivers can devote 100% of their time and attention to their client. Whether it’s assistance with activities of daily living, going for a walk, or attending church, imagine what your loved one can do with personalized attention. Little things make a big difference.
- Social engagement – Keeping seniors engaged in conversation, activities, or tasks is so important to their well-being. Maybe mom or dad enjoys having a companion to join them for social activities at the facility. Or perhaps they need help with today’s technology to stay connected to family. Our caregivers love helping their clients engage with family and friends via video chats or texts.
- Health monitoring – Home health care providers can recognize warning signs of an illness or other medical conditions and alert family members or healthcare providers. Our personal caregivers stay alert to any differences they notice and report them accordingly.
If your aging parent resides in a nursing home or assisted living facility, we welcome the opportunity to meet with you to discuss ways their care can be enhanced. A private caregiver could be the piece to round out their care plan. Contact us today for a free consultation.
Start Care Today! Contact Us or call 830.225.2273